Saturday, January 29, 2011

Grammy and PopPop Visit

So GramCakes and G-Pa were in town for a whole week! They ended up staying at my hotel, which was super nice since I couldn't take any time off from work. I got to see them every morning when they came down for breakfast... and the entire staff loved them. You know how it goes with those two... they make friends no matter where they go... from a Mediterranean cruise to the grocery store. They're crazy!

Anyway, since I don't have my computer hard drive yet, I unfortunately don't have any pics to post except for 2 crappy quality ones from my phone... but we did lots of fun things with them! We took them to the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, they hung out at the apartment with us, we took them to Red Rocks and Downtown and we rode the free bus... it was awesome having them here!

I have to elaborate on the Stanley Hotel though... so we went on the ghost tour. This was my first time! And for those of you who don't know about the Stanley Hotel... it's where Stephen King based his book, The Shining, off of. It's a historic hotel... and it's haunted. Anyway, Grammy got picked to reenact some things, so she had to stand in front of the "class" on various occasions and do what the tour guide said. It was hilarious! Everyone loved her! And then we felt the dead kid's hands... but we don't need to go into detail about that, right? :)

I still have containers of Grammy's spaghetti sauce in my freezer, along with 2 bags of frozen meatballs. She stocked Andrew and I up with all of the Italian necessities... bread crumbs, olive oil, a gallon of tomato paste and a gallon of crushed tomatoes, 10 bags of different kinds of pastas... the works. And yes, it's all still in my pantry because there's no possible way Andrew and I can eat it at all... we're stocked for the whole year!


No comments:

Post a Comment