Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I've revamped.

So I need to kick this really bad habit where I don't blog for a whole 72 weeks and then I have to play catch up. I mean, really, it just creates more work for myself and who needs more work? Yeah, not me.

I'm going to start this new post by saying this: I hope you like the new blog decor. I figured that if I'm going to start blogging like I used to, then I need to be able to enjoy what I'm looking at. So there, I hope you dig. I will also add that I have, in my opinion, appropriately retitled my blog. I have recently kicked "today's music" (well, most of it) because I have come to truly appreciate musical talent. I want to hear instrumentals and un-mechanical voices. Lately, I've been listening to The Commodores, Earth, Wind & Fire, Kool & the Gang, etc. Loooove it. I found a great radio station in Denver, 101.5, and they play oldies to disco to 80's and 90's. Cha-ching in my musical taste. Anyway, the song Lowrider came on sooo many times when it hit me... "Hey, I dig this song" and "hey, I have a blog idea." Hence, the Lo Writer.

Ok, so now for life stuff. So I quit my job in Denver and moved back to Cali. Yep. I did it. I decided that enough is enough. I looooved Denver, especially Downtown. It has so much to offer and there is so much to do there and it is soooo historical, but there was this minor little detail about it. Oh yeah, my family doesn't live there. Hmm, what a shame that was. With recent events that took place at work, I decided to put in my notice and go to California. I already had a round trip flight booked to go home and look at wedding venues... oh yeah, did you know I'm engaged? ;-) Anyway, I quit without having another job to go to - which I have NEVER done in my entire professional life, but I felt like this was worth the risk. I had applied to quite a few jobs in Cali, but truth is, if you don't live where you want to work, you're not going to be a likely candidate for the job. Companies don't want to have to worry about relocation and moving and scheduling issues, etc. I've been in California for a little over a week now and good news, I got a job today! Super excited about this new opportunity and there's a bonus... I'm staying with Starwood which is fabulous! You may be wondering what happened to my fiance and dog.... they're still in Denver. But after I got my job offer today, Andrew put in his notice at work and we'll be moving everything out to Cali next weekend! I am SO excited because not only do I finally get to see my boys (it's been over a week and I'm missing them soooo terribly much), but now we get to live super close to family and really enjoy the reasons we love Cali so much... weather, beach (both for humans and dogs), and as previously disclosed, family. Do you know how much I missed being able to go to a big family dinner at Grammy and Pop Pop's? Or knowing that there's a family birthday party to go to? Or how about all of the baseball and football and basketball games for my cousins, Mikey and Nicky? They grow 6" every time I see them next... and they're starting to like girls now... so obvi cousin LoLo needs to be home for them.

After Andrew and Leroi and I relocate all of our stuff, we'll be focused on my new job and getting Andrew a job. And then after we successfully complete that step, we'll be focusing on finding a place to live (we'll be staying at Nana's vacant home until then... rent free - don't be jeal). And then after that comes all the fun stuff of being back in Cali and getting our lives together. It has been SUCH an adventure for Andrew and I. I'm really going to miss Denver a lot, but I know that we can always go back and visit. It will always hold great sentiment for us and I am very glad that we lived there. It made me realize not only how much I miss and need my family, but it also helped me learned that I really, truly, sincerely hate driving in the snow. And now that I know that, I won't have to toss and turn about where to live if we ever decide to leave California. Know what I mean?

Lets see... what else? Oh, wedding plans are non-existant. I have the most wonderful venue in mind with the most wonderful caterer and the most wonderful ideas... but there more important things to be focused on before Andrew and I decide to get married. Besides, do you even know how expensive a wedding is? Just the thought of it is making my tummy hurt. I am just super excited to put my creativity to good use!

Lately, I've been craving all things vintage and antique. There is something so charming and romantic about history that I just can't shake. My Aunt Karen has her own antique business, of which I have offered to help her with. Secretly, I just want to buy antiques at the auctions with her and then just keep it for myself. But don't tell her that. ;-)

What I think I should do is create a new blog post everyday. Whether it's an interesting fact I learned, a new recipe, Mom's PB&J brownies, Chester farted and it smelled, Leroi farted and it smelled, etc. I mean, lots of funny/interesting things happen in my days. Well, at least I think they're interesting and funny and that's all that matters, right?

So that's what I'll do then. Make sure you hold me to it so that I don't slack like I've become accustomed to. I also have some pictures to post. Oh, and I'll need to remind myself to blog about my interviews. Trust me, you'll thank me later.

That's all for now... it's almost 1am and I should probably go to sleep. It's amazing how much of a night owl I become when I don't have a job. I was going to bed at like 9 or 10pm in Denver. Even on the weekends!

Love & Hugs,
Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment