Sunday, June 20, 2010

Indiana 2010

Andrew and I made our second trip to Indiana to see Tim and Kathe and for the Indy 500. This time was absolutely awesome because I was already familiar with the area, kind of, and I already have met the majority of Andrew's friends. Two super cool things that happened out there: We got to meet some of Tim and Kathe's friends andddd I FINALLY got to meet Andrew Bourne, Andrew's BFFL. It was super fantastic.

Now, I know I said I would never camp again. If any of you remember from last year, you would remember that "camping" at the Indy 500 is really "camping and trashing." It's disgusting and gross and belligerent. Anyway, I told Andrew last year I would never do it again. Ooops, I did it again.

We rolled up to the campsite and discovered a sleepy camper.


Almost two minutes later, we were greeted by a fellow patriot.


After about 20 minutes, I told Andrew I wanted to go home. Now. But, I toughed it out because I love him and I know that he wants to spend time with his friends. Besides, this year we decided to sleep in the car instead of the one person, 12 and under tent. This would mean that no one would feel the need to urinate around or on the tent this time. Apparently, people are more likely to pee near or on the car than the tent. The cars supposedly provide awesome "stall doors" for privacy. Fun.

Anyway, we went to the race and had a blast. Of course, Indiana saved the heat and humidity for me. I think it was record breaking heat on the day of the race. No lie. It was sooo hot. We had awesome seats in Turn 4. The sun was beating down on us all day with occasional breezes, but the view of the track was priceless. Dario Franchitti ended up taking the win. He led 90% of the race... incredible. I would much rather have TK (Tony Kanaan) win, good news is that he took the Iowa Corn Indy 250 today. :)

Here are some more pics from the awesome Indiana experience.


My love and the Pace Car.

Tim and Kathe treated us for dinner at St. Elmo's. I had steak and a piece of shrimp!

Kathe and I in front of St. Elmo's.

Andrew and Pagota Tower at Carb Day.

Kathe and Andrew.

Carb Day begins!

Arie's car... Freedom 100

Ok, I just love this picture. Andrew, Spencer, and Uncle Steve.

Capital State Building

Tim and his groupie.

No comments:

Post a Comment