Sunday, June 20, 2010

Our new home.

Alright. It's official. Andrew and I moved in together with our Mushykiss, Leroi Brown. We live in Lakewood, Colorado which is about 20 mins from Downtown Denver. It's absolutely beautiful here and the transition has been totally easy. I love living with the boys, but I gotta' say, I can't wait for my Lindsay Dale Fox to get out here in December!! We've determined that we're about 15 mins away on the freeway. Freakin' fabulous! 

I've been here for a week now and it's been quite the adventure. Andrew and I have been working on furnishing the apartment.I was a bit crazy but my last day in Scottsdale and at work was Saturday, June 12th, I officially moved in on Sunday, June 13th, and I started my new job on Monday, June 14th. I will be sure to not do that again, but I'm kind of glad I did. I think it made the move/transition a whole lot easier because I didn't have time to think about turning the page to a new chapter. Besides, I was missing the boys soooo much since they had been gone a whole week!


I LOVE our apartment. It's so awesome and very nice. It has a lot more space than I originally imagined. It has a great open floor plan, especially the kitchen. 

Ok, here are a few pictures of our work in progress and our recent purchases!
New Sofa... We LOVE it! It passed the "Spoon Test!"

Barstools/kitchen accessories with Leroi to the left

Another angle of the kitchen

Reduce Reuse Recycle over our laundry doors

Two bookshelves serving as the entertainment unit complete with flatscreen and other tv's/monitors.

The bathroom

The master bedroom.

Our balcony with lots of trees and pretty stuff.


Like I said, we're still working on furnishing the place and adding our own personalities and accessories. We still need a coffee table, which we're thinking is going to end up being an ottoman that doubles as storage or a coffee table that provides storage. We would like an end table for the living room and possibly a lamp and floor lamp. I am going to be making a headboard for the bedroom and hopefully getting a night stand and dresser. And of course, some art/canvas pieces and other such accessories.

Isn't it super cute? And can I just say... I LOOOVE our sofa. Andrew wanted a super man cave sofa, which I of course refused... and we finally came across our new beauty and just fell in love. In order to confirm that the sofa was deep enough, we decided to spoon. Yep, we spoon snuggled in the store. Hahahah, we did it modestly, don't fret.

Anyway, that is the apartment update. I love living with the boys and it's been such an awesome time shopping and exploring. We haven't been Downtown yet, but hopefully that will come this week! Leroi has made an easy transition and so far, he's really loved it. He's been a good boy. :)

I think that's it for now about the apartment. More pics to come as more items are bought! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment