Sunday, August 22, 2010

Andrew learns "a Lauren lesson"

I am a firm believer in using toilet paper that is 2-ply or more, preferably above 2-ply. My motto:

"Life's too short to wipe with sand paper."

I'm pretty brand loyal... loves me some Cottonelle... mostly because of the golden retriever puppies in the commercials. Love those puppies.

Anyway, unexpectedly, Andrew and I ran out of t.p. And I mean, unexpectedly. So Andrew went out to go get some toilet tissue and came back with the crappiest (no pun intended) toilet paper. Gas stations and airplane stalls have better tissue paper than this. It's like 1/2 ply... well, I'm lying. It's 1-ply but it feels like sand paper. Serious sand paper. The saying "who put sand paper on your toilet?" seems all too familiar now.

I immediately notified Andrew of my severe disappointment... funny thing is... the moment I walked out of the washroom, he had the look on his face as if he KNEW I was going to come out and explain to him that 1-ply does NOT comply with my t.p. rules. My question is... having already previously known that I would not agree with his decision to buy less-than-gas-station toilet paper, WHY did he buy it?

From now on, I will be doing the toilet paper shopping. 3 rolls still remain in our bathroom cabinet. They might come in handy for wood crafting projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment