Saturday, January 29, 2011

Thanksgiving

I was pretty depressed over Thanksgiving because I wanted to be home with my family. I really miss them and had been feeling homesick for a while... Andrew and I ended up being invited to Marshal and Helene's house for Thanksgiving... his extended extended extended cousins who live fabulously in Cherry Creek out here in Colorado. It was lovely time at their house and it was so nice meeting them.

I had been wanting to cook my own Thanksgiving dinner for a while and Andrew had gotten 2 free turkeys from his job at Loveland, so even though we had Thanksgiving dinner on that Thursday, we went ahead and had our own little family dinner the following Sunday. I made green beans, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, the turkey and pumpkin cheesecake!

Here are pictures supporting evidence of my turkey and the pumpkin cheesecake, which by the way, was DELICIOUS!

I rubbed butter on the outside of the turkey and underneath the skin and then generously applied kosher salt and black pepper on top... we cooked the turkey in chicken stock with cut celery and carrots and basil leaves and put celery sticks and carrots inside the turkey and basted it every 30 minutes.

The delicious outcome!

The grand finale... the pumpkin cheesecake!

I want to cook Thanksgiving dinner every year now!

No comments:

Post a Comment